Project Engineer, Transportation Toronto, ON
Job Type:Full Time
Come and help us build the future at RVA.
At RVA, we are driven in all that we do by core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Our commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by our status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our goal of sustainable growth can only be achieved with the help of great people who share our core values. We’re looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company, because we believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
Do you want to play an active role in your future and that of your company? Do you aspire to long term professional growth where you can become an owner in an established consulting firm? If you answered yes, read on!
The Toronto Office is looking for a Full-Time Project Engineer to join their Transportation team.
- Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of multiple projects.
- Collaborate with staff among all levels of the company and other stakeholders to meet deliverables on multiple projects at any given time.
- Reviews complex construction including connecting to live utilities, temporary works and commissioning.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Managing projects in both AutoCAD and Microstation platforms.
- Participates in the training, development and mentoring of junior staff.
- Must hold an active P.Eng designation with the ability to practice in the province of Ontario.
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- 5 years’ experience in conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of linear water and wastewater projects is essential.
- Must be proficient in design engineering for large municipal and provincial agencies.
- Must possess practical knowledge of construction sequencing and constructability.
- Experience managing projects in AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Must possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, client development and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Experience in trunk watermain and trunk sewer design is preferred.
- Experience with trenchless technologies and tunneling would be an asset.
- Proven, advanced level Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative, team environment.
- Other duties as assigned that are relevant to the position.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited offers a competitive compensation package, with merit-based profit sharing bonuses, company share ownership opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations which you may require. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Please fill out the form on this page and attach your resume directly.
Thank you for your interest in RVA. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.