Intermediate WasteWater Engineer Toronto, ON
Job Type:Full Time
Come and help us build the future at RVA.
At RVA, we are driven in all that we do by core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Our commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by our status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our goal of sustainable growth can only be achieved with the help of great people who share our core values. We’re looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company, because we believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
Do you want to play an active role in your future and that of your company? Do you aspire to long term professional growth where you can become an owner in an established consulting firm? If you answered yes, read on!
RVA’s Toronto Office is looking for a new permanent full-time Intermediate Water/Wastewater Engineer to join their team and provide assistance / support to senior staff.
- Assisting with studies and Class EAs for water and wastewater projects.
- Prepare conceptual, preliminary and final process design of:
- Water Treatment Plants and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Pumping Stations
- Raw Sewage Pumping Stations
- Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Manage and coordinate interdisciplinary design teams.
- Contract administration.
- Operator training.
- Site inspection as required.
- Business development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a University degree in Civil, Mechanical, Environmental or Chemical Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Must be a licensed Engineer within the province of Ontario.
- Superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- 7 or more years of detailed design experience of municipal wastewater facilities including the design and implementation of wastewater supply collection and treatment facilities.
- Proficient with hydraulic calculations including: hydraulic profiles, pumping applications, chemical feed systems, layout of wastewater treatment plant process systems. Modelling of wastewater processes will be considered an asset.
- Understanding of control and automation systems related to water and wastewater plant processes.
- Ability to manage procurement and administer contracts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Project.
- The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience working in a team where drawing production is conducted using BIM Modelling Software.
- Experience in the design and implementation of wastewater supply and treatment facilities, and municipal services.
- Direct knowledge of hydraulic modelling software.
- Experience in risk analysis and management.
- Project Management experience, including project control (budget setting and tracking, project scheduling, scope change management, agreements).
- Previous consulting engineering experience is an asset, familiarity with Canadian regulations preferred.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited offers a competitive compensation package, with merit-based profit sharing bonuses, company share ownership opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations which you may require. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Please fill out the form on this page and attach your resume directly.
Thank you for your interest in RVA. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.