Human Resources Generalist
Job Type: Full Time
Take ownership and be your best at RVA.
At RVA, we are driven in all that we do by our core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Our commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by our status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our culture infuses our goal of sustainable growth, a goal that we can only achieve with the help of great people who share our core values. We’re looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company, because we believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
If you envision yourself committing to a culture of quality, ownership, collaboration, integrity, and honest communication, read on. We’d love to be the company that pushes you to be your very best.
We are actively seeking an enthusiastic, Human Resources Generalist to join our HR Team.
The Human Resources Generalist will assist the Human Resources Manager in providing collaborative and creative human resources solutions to the management and staff of RVA in the areas of recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, employee relations, HR administration and other human capital initiatives in support of RVA’s strategic plan RVA 2020.
Working with the HR Manager, the HR Generalist key responsibilities will include:
• Develop, coordinate, and facilitate training and development programs for all RVA staff
• Deliver training programs, as required
• Participate in the roll-out of a variety of human capital programs such as employee engagement, talent reviews, and health & wellness.
• Perform confidential investigations as required
• Provide counsel and feedback to improve effectiveness of ongoing performance, coaching and performance improvement plans
• Promote HR initiatives and work with the management team to achieve goals and objectives
Experience & Qualifications
• Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management
• 3-5 years’ experience. Previous experience in a professional services or engineering industry highly desirable
• Excellent interpersonal skills with sensitivity to confidentiality
• Exceptional initiative and proven ability to go above and beyond with minimum supervision and, at times, conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
• Organizational development and change management experience are considered strong assets
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 particularly Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint, and knowledge of One Note, Skype for Business, and One Drive. Aptitude for working with other software including e-learning deployment considered an asset.
• Strong skills in problem-solving, decision-making, time-management, and multi-tasking
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited offers a competitive compensation package, with merit-based profit sharing bonuses, company share ownership opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations which you may require. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.