General Office Help and Print Room Support Person
Job Type: Full Time
Take ownership and be your best at RVA.
At RVA, we are driven in all that we do by our core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Our commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by our status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our culture infuses our goal of sustainable growth, a goal that we can only achieve with the help of great people who share our core values. We’re looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company, because we believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
If you envision yourself committing to a culture of quality, ownership, collaboration, integrity, and honest communication, read on. We’d love to be the company that pushes you to be your very best.
We are actively seeking a customer focused, self-motivated, individual to assist with General Office Help and Print Room Support.
As part of the Corporate Services team, the successful candidate will provide exceptional, pro-active, customer service to RVA staff by:
• Open, sort incoming mail. Delivery of incoming mail and courier packages to staff.
• Collect and stamp outgoing mail, maintain and operate the postage meter.
• Use of office equipment to support business needs including: postage machine, printing and copier machines, plotters, binding equipment, shredders, paper cutters.
• Maintain printers, plotters, copiers insuring adequate paper supply, toner supply and arranging for servicing.
• Maintain office supplies, including checking inventory, ordering supplies, and arranging for servicing of office equipment.
• Sort and file archive documentation according to established filing system. Locate and retrieve files as requested and maintaining records of files removed for circulation or destroyed. Scanning and transfer of electronic files to other mediums as required.
• Maintain and tidy staff lunch rooms including cleaning of fridges and microwaves on a regular basis, maintaining adequate lunchroom supplies, operating the dishwashers, making coffee.
• Maintain and tidy all meeting rooms and general common areas.
• Assist with company event preparation including setup and tear down of tables and chairs.
• Lifting, climbing, standing required.
• Assuming the roles of First Aider and Fire Warden.
• Moving and relocating office furniture as needed.
• Submit, track, process external print orders.
• Submit maintenance requests to building property management using an automated system. Liaise with property management, in person, as required.
• Other tasks assigned as appropriate to this position.
• Completion of secondary school diploma required.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills a must.
• Demonstrated ability to lift a minimum 50 pounds independently is required.
• Exceptional initiative and proven ability to go above and beyond with minimum supervision and, at times, conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in a similar role in a professional services firm preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Outlook, Excel, Word, and Adobe. Experience with Office 365 suite of programs would be an asset.
• Strong skills in problem-solving, decision-making, time-management, and multi-tasking.
• A G license, clear driving abstract, proof of insurance and a vehicle are required
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited offers a competitive compensation package, with merit-based profit sharing bonuses, company share ownership opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations which you may require. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.