Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Come and help us build the future at RVA.
At RVA, we are driven in all that we do by core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Our commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by our status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our goal of sustainable growth can only be achieved with the help of great people who share our core values. We’re looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company, because we believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
Do you want to play an active role in your future and that of your company? Do you aspire to long term professional growth where you can become an owner in an established consulting firm? If you answered yes, read on!
We require an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial individual based in our Toronto office, to manage the full-cycle recruiting needs of the company. This position will appeal to intermediate candidates who are looking for long-term career development in an established firm that thrives on a culture of ownership.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, and as part of the HR Team, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for contributing to the success of the overall company recruitment strategy and is accountable for delivering recruitment and selection services, managing the Company’s LinkedIn account, managing relationships with external agencies, and providing advice and guidance to hiring managers to meet staffing objectives.
• Find and recruit the brightest talent! Develop and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting talent that complements the corporate culture.
• Work with the Human Resources team to manage RVA’s recruitment strategy including sourcing, selection criteria, identification and management of recruitment tools, recruitment procedures and processes, and on-boarding programs.
• Execute selection procedures by screening resumes, coordinating / conducting interviews and conducting reference checks.
• Manage the hiring process by selecting successful candidates and formalizing compensation recommendations and terms of employment in conjunction with the Manager, Human Resources.
• Develop recruitment plans by assessing and discussing requirements with section leads and hiring managers and determining selection of the most appropriate recruiting tool to source candidates.
• Follow up regularly with hiring managers and candidates to ensure that the recruitment process moves forward in a timely manner.
• Develop job postings, screen applicants, conduct interviews, and oversee background checks.
• Cultivate and manage relationships with Professional Associations, Universities and Colleges and lead initiatives including but not limited to recruitment initiatives, career fairs, marketing events, social events etc.
• Actively research and recommend sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
• Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
• Develop and execute recruiting plans; efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
• Build applicant sources by researching and contacting schools, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites.
• Arrange follow-up management interviews by coordinating schedules with other interviewers.
• Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
• Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
• Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications.
• Help build company’s reputation as “an employer of choice”.
• Manage all recruitment software and tools (i.e. LinkedIn). Build a talent pool and leverage software and tools as a means for building employment branding to attract and retain talent.
• Manage relationships with third party recruitment providers.
• Analyze overall recruitment strategy, build internal metrics, benchmark practices with industry standards and make recommendations on an on-going basis in order for continuous improvement of processes and practices. Perform administrative duties such as maintaining vacancy report and providing input on metrics.
• Evaluate recruitment and selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional standards and provincial statutes (ON, NB, NL), and provide recommendations for changes as necessary.
• Provide training and support to hiring managers regarding practices or processes.
• Assist with the implementation of ATS module of future HRMS system, including developing processes and procedures.
• Assist with ongoing projects and other HR tasks as needed and assigned.
• University or college level education in Human Resources Management or the equivalent.
• 1-3 years’ experience. Previous experience in a professional services or engineering industry is highly desirable.
• Outgoing with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills. Team player.
• Exceptional initiative and proven ability to go above and beyond with minimum supervision and, at times, conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Word, and Powerpoint, with aptitude for working with other software.
• Strong skills in problem-solving, decision-making, time-management, and multi-tasking.
• Clear understanding of full-cycle recruitment.
• Strong organization and multitasking skills.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited offers a competitive compensation package, with merit-based profit sharing bonuses, company share ownership opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations which you may require. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Please submit your dynamic cover letter and resume directly to our Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com with “Talent Acquisition Specialist” inserted in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in RVA. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.