Structural Design Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Take ownership and be your best at RVA.
At RVA, we are driven in all that we do by our core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Our commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by our status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our culture infuses our goal of sustainable growth, a goal that we can only achieve with the help of great people who share our core values. We’re looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company, because we believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
If you envision yourself committing to a culture of quality, ownership, collaboration, integrity, and honest communication, read on. We’d love to be the company that pushes you to be your very best.
RVA Toronto is seeking an experienced Structural Design Engineer to:
- Draft structural plans, sections and details for structural construction drawings.
- Measure, assess and sketch structural layout and details for new and existing buildings, bridges, tanks, tunnels and mines.
- Prepare detail design calculations and planning reports.
Experience & Qualifications
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario.
- 10 to 15 years design engineering experience. Previous experience in the mining sector is preferred.
- Possesses strong analytical skills in structural engineering.
- Must have previous structural steel, reinforced concrete and wood design experience.
- Familiar with the Ontario Building Code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited offers a competitive compensation package, with merit-based profit sharing bonuses, company share ownership opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations which you may require. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.