Job Type: Full Time
Come and help us build the future at RVA.
At RVA, we are driven in all that we do by core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Our commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by our status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our goal of sustainable growth can only be achieved with the help of great people who share our core values. We’re looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company, because we believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
If you envision yourself committing to a culture of quality, ownership, collaboration, integrity, and honest communication, read on. We’d love to be the company that pushes you to be your very best.
RVA is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic design focused individual with a minimum of 5 years architectural experience to join our team who will participate in design, design development, presentation drawings, working drawings and computer modeling. This is a progressive position with the ultimate goal to expand the Architecture capabilities of the firm.
This is an opportunity to help an emerging Architecture department within an Engineering firm to grow into new markets and provide design excellence in industrial and public buildings. You will work closely with the Chief Architect, with the long term goal of being a senior project designer with increased autonomy.
The ideal candidate will have well-rounded architectural experience and a demonstrated passion for excellence in design. They should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, very good organizational skills, and be able to multi-task in a busy office.
• Modern architectural schematic design and presentation of assigned projects in our wide body of work.
• Prepare and modify architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. Prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings
• Production of documents in 3D modeling, REVIT, SketchUP, 3D Studio, Rendering software such as Vray or Maxwell Render, AutoCAD, etc.
• Prepare project boards for client/project team review
• Generating innovative formal and conceptual ideas in a fast paced engineering company.
• Develop and enrich the detail aspects of projects in design development through construction documents.
• Liaison with management, project team, junior designers, consultants, clients,
• Review work product with others.
• Contribute to the overall success of the projects by committing to utilizing best practices.
• Arrange quality assurance reviews at appropriate stages in the development of the design and documentation.
• Assure that all deadlines are met.
Experience & Qualifications
• Graduated with a professional degree/diploma in architecture
• Licensed Architect with OAA
• Knowledge of building systems and detailing
• Proficient in AutoCAD and/or REVIT
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines
• Strong command of the English language and the ability to communicate proficiently, both verbally and in writing
• Proficiency in Photoshop or Illustrator is an asset
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited offers a competitive compensation package, with merit-based profit sharing bonuses, company share ownership opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations which you may require. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.