Information Management Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Come and help us build the future at RVA
At RVA, we are driven in all that we do by core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Our commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by our status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our goal of sustainable growth can only be achieved with the help of great people who share our core values. We’re looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company, because we believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
If you envision yourself committing to a culture of quality, ownership, collaboration, integrity, and honest communication, read on. We’d love to be the company that pushes you to be your very best.
We are actively seeking an enthusiastic, visionary, Information Management Specialist to join our Information Management Team. This is a full-time, permanent position located at our company headquarters in Toronto.
Working with the stakeholders and the Information Management team, the Information Management Specialist will provide coordination and support to companywide information technology and information management initiatives.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Support RVA business strategy and promote participation in the firm’s IT/KM/IM framework
• Drive the elimination of information silos within the organization, working with all stakeholders to leverage existing systems and creating new opportunities
• Evaluate new and existing information management tools, making recommendations to senior management and implementing new ideas
• Taxonomy and metadata development
• With assistance from the Content Administrator, maintain the company intranet/KM site, including backend design, front pages, collaboration tools
• Harvest content to ensure critical knowledge is being captured and is readily available
• Maintenance and updates to the RVA website and social media feeds
• Graduate degree in Masters of Information Studies, Information Systems & Design cohort, or equivalent
• 0 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Professional services firm experience preferred
• Experience with Inmagic Presto preferred. Experience with Deltek and SharePoint an asset.
• Wizard level computer skills, with an intuitive understanding of databases, portal design, HTML 5 and CSS3 is a must. SQL familiarity is a bonus.
• Experience working with a varied demographic stakeholder base is desired
• Excellent critical thinking skills and analytical skills a must
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited offers a competitive compensation package, with merit-based profit sharing bonuses, company share ownership opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations which you may require. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Please submit your dynamic cover letter and resume directly to HR at HR@rvanderson.com with the subject line Information Management Specialist.
Thank you for your interest in RVA. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.