BIM Modeler – Water/WasteWater
Job Type: Full Time (1) , 6 Month Contract (1)
Come and help us build the future at RVA.
At RVA, we are driven in all that we do by core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Our commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by our status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our goal of sustainable growth can only be achieved with the help of great people who share our core values. We’re looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company, because we believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
If you envision yourself committing to a culture of quality, ownership, collaboration, integrity, and honest communication, read on. We’d love to be the company that pushes you to be your very best.
The Toronto Office is looking for two (2) BIM Modelers to assist with our Water/Wastewater department. One vacancy is a permanent full-time opportunity and the other vacancy is a six month contract opportunity.
• Help prepare and coordinate working construction drawings (plans, sections and details using Revit and/or AutoCAD). Flexible ability to work in 2D or 3D.
• Produce Revit model from Process (Piping) notes/sketches and able to maintain drafting standards for projects.
• Create drawing submittal packages – 30%, tender set, addendums, in appropriate size as required.
• Works closely with project managers and other disciplines to plan and prepare construction drawings and provide support as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned/required and appropriate to this position.
• 2 or 3-year diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in the engineering or construction field(s) of Architectural Technician/Technologist, Civil Engineering Technician/Tech, or Mechanical Engineering Technician/Tech.
• 1 year experience preferably in the field(s) of water/wastewater or mechanical.
• Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
• Ability to read and interpret multi-discipline engineering drawings is required.
• Proficient in Revit 2015 and newer versions.
• Proficient in AutoCAD 2015 and newer versions.
• Must be a fast learner and be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a project team with a positive attitude towards their work, colleagues and clients.
• Must have a strong work ethic with the desire to learn and grow.
• Must have impeccable time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
• Willing to pursue the C.Tech or C.E.T. designation with OACETT.
• Must be dependable and willing to work extra hours when required.
Required Technical Experience:
• Revit: Minimum one year experience.
• AutoCAD: Minimum one year experience.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited offers a competitive compensation package, with merit-based profit sharing bonuses, company share ownership opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations which you may require. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Please submit your dynamic cover letter and resume directly to HR at HR@rvanderson.com with the subject line “BIM Modeler Water/WasteWater”.
Thank you for your interest in RVA. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.