Civil Engineering Technologist (Sudbury)
Job Type: Full Time
Come and help us build the future at RVA.
At RVA, we are driven in all that we do by core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Our commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by our status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our goal of sustainable growth can only be achieved with the help of great people who share our core values. We’re looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company, because we believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
If you envision yourself committing to a culture of quality, ownership, collaboration, integrity, and honest communication, read on. We’d love to be the company that pushes you to be your very best.
We are actively seeking a Civil Engineering Technologist for our office in Sudbury who will support and assist senior staff with:
• Preparation of design and record drawings for projects in municipal infrastructure (watermains, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, pumping stations and roads)
• Assist with the preparation of Contract Specifications
• Preparation of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microstation design drawings
• Reviewing engineering drawings and municipal standards
• Design and as-constructed surveying
Field Surveys and inspection of construction projects including:
• Site inspection duties for sewer, watermain and road reconstruction & resurfacing projects
• Conduct daily quantity measurements
• Reviewing engineering drawings
• Monitor and report on Contractor’s progress through photographic and record keeping
• Co-ordinate with the Project Manager, Contract Administrators, General Contractors and Municipal Staff
• Process payment certificates
• Prepare project meeting notes
• Co-ordinate 3rd party inspections with testing firms
Experience & Qualifications
• Certified Engineering Technologist, C.E.T. or a Graduate of a 3-year college level civil engineering program with 3-5 years experience and a strong interest in municipal infrastructure projects
• Experience for sewer, watermain and road reconstruction projects is preferred
• Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in an interactive team environment
• Adept at producing plan/profile drawings using AutoCAD is required; working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited offers a competitive compensation package, with merit-based profit sharing bonuses, company share ownership opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations which you may require. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.